Monday, September 10, 2012

Art Residency



Between the 4th and 18th of September I am one of the invited artists participating in the Novák-falva International Art Residency in Hungary. With artists from South Africa, Himalaya’s in India, and Switzerland amongst others (I represent Australia) this is the fourth (and last) residency to close my year and a half spent in Europe.

This time I veered away from my usual watercolours on paper, and am instead working with acrylic on canvas. I was still determined to achieve the same transparent layers I so love, with a very limited palette.

Here are some shots of my ghosts emerging, revealed from the white fog of the canvas.




1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous work.

    Wow, has it been 1.5 years already that you've stayed in Europe? Time sure does fly. It seems like only yesterday that you announced your plans to go to Europe. I'm sure that it's been an amazing experience for you.

    ReplyDelete

Oh! How did you know? I absolutely adore comments, thank you! :-) I appreciate all the feedback I get xx