Sunday, November 11, 2012

Away In Africa

Just a quick note to say I am alive - and have not given up drawing and painting for good :-)


My adventurer and I set out early October, and drove from Budapest to Africa, ending our trip is Bissau. I've mainly just been scribbling in raggy sketchpads, covered in coffee spills with the corners curled and torn, stained by dust and dirt and sand.

We got into some wild and weird situations, but all inspirational and amazing to experience (and live through!) I thought i would be back in Summery Sydney for Christmas, but it looks like we'll be shivering in either Budapest or London, depending on what the future brings. On the bright side - it means I won't be tempted by the beach and tropical ocean fish, but will prefer to stay indoors and paint away, hidden safely from the freezing temperatures of Europe that I disliked so much last year!



amazing photographs courtesy of my adventurer - four finger foto

Until I can upload my sketches, and get back into my refined watercolours, stay safe and well little ones, and be grateful for everything you have!
love from Africa!


1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, you might be in London? If you happen to pass by Belgium, let me know :)

    ReplyDelete

Oh! How did you know? I absolutely adore comments, thank you! :-) I appreciate all the feedback I get xx