Friday, November 18, 2011

Progress: For Her Hand – and if you fail…


Happily working away on another piece in my series of illustrations inspired by Hungarian Folktales. I’ll tell you more about her once she is done.

For your pleasure (and for a good laugh) here is the initial concept sketch for this piece in my sketch-book. Sketches are interesting; whilst they are rough, unrefined and rushed, often they convey so much more liveliness and character than the stiff final painting. It’s a matter of trying to achieve that same movement and sense of mood that was so carelessly caught the first time.


Because it’s getting dark so early here (by four the sun is setting, by five it is dark) I am drawing by lamplight a lot more – I get a surprise in the morning when I see how the colours change in natural light!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh! How did you know? I absolutely adore comments, thank you! :-) I appreciate all the feedback I get xx