Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Grey Skies, Stormy Days



On a rainy day, procrastinating pressing things, I turned instead to the comforts and delights of art....

 I was very happy to complete this piece. With all my art materials packed up in boxes, I completed this with borrowed materials in a friends studio. Similarly deprived of my usual reference material (composed from sketches and photographs from sessions with my models) I used an image from a magazine for the pose and background.

Yes, that blurry mess of a "landscape" took me the longest and most painstaking time to complete. Layer upon layer of carefully mixed colours built up... well... a blurry mess!!
I need a lot more practice :-/

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I am missing something...how come you have packed all your art supplies? Are you moving?
    Beautiful and moody painting. The background is just perfect: the hard work behind it payed off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Astera!

    Yes, unfortunately I am having to relocate! Due to a few reasons, I am having to temporarily move back with my dear mum. A tiny house, with barely enough room to house my belongings, but it will be a "pause" while I try to figure out my next course of action.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stumbled across your blog while updating my own, I love your work Its fantastic!

    Take care
    John

    P.S Good luck with returning home :-)

    ReplyDelete

Oh! How did you know? I absolutely adore comments, thank you! :-) I appreciate all the feedback I get xx